All Danish Share – the Grand Final:
After looking at all 175 Danish companies, it’s time to consolidate. From the 175 companies, overall 34 made it onto the preliminary watch list which looks as follows:
All good things come to an end and these are the remaining 15 randomly selected Danish companies. This time, two of the 15 made it onto the preliminary watch list. Before moving on to the next country, I will need to condense the Watchlist to my “Top 10” watch list names for Denmark which I will do in a separate post. Let’s go:
161. Valuer Holdings
Valuer is a 4 mn EUR market cap, 2021 Vintage IPO that does something with AI and has lost more than 90% of its value since IPO. “Pass”.
MapsPeople is again a 2021 Vintage IPO with a market cap of 33 mn EUR. The company has been doing better than other 2021 Tech IPOs, losing only -50% vs. the IPO price. Nevertheless the company is burning money and only has limited runway. “Pass”.
163. Vestjysk Bank
And on we go relentlessly. Another 10 randomly selected Danish stocks, with only 16 more to go. This time, 3 of them made it onto the preliminary watch list. Enjoy !!
Nordea is a 36 bn EUR market cap “full service” bank and asset manager active in the Nordics. As many other Scandinavian financial institutions, Nordea is doing quite well compared to its European peers, managing ROEs of around 7-11% over the past 10 years.
The longer term share price development is nevertheless quite disappointing, showing little to no value creation:
What is the best way to relax after a crazy day at the stock market ? Exactly, looking at 10 randomly selected stocks from Denmark. This time, two candidates made it onto the watch list. Enjoy !
Skako is a 22 mn EUR market cap company that is manufacturing machinery for the cement and construction industry. The company is not expensive (P/E of 11), has Ok returns on capital and OK margins. However, the company seems to stagnate since more than 10 years and the coming construction downturn will clearly not help their business. “Pass”.
142. United Int. Enterprises
UIE is a 844 mn market cap company that holds several minority stakes, the largest being a palm oil and coconut plantation in Malaysia (a listed company named United Plantations) plus a stake in a Swedish company called Schörling. The company is headquartered in Malta.
Disclaimer: This is not investment advice. PLEASE DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH !!!!
Royal Unibrew is a Danish Beverage company that I “discovered” during my journey through all Danish shares some weeks ago (too expensive back then but “watch”). I had also seen them some months ago in the Profitlich&Schmidlin portfolio.
The company is mostly active in Scandinavia and the Baltics where they have offerings in all areas (including a contribution agreement with Pepsi), whereas in some countries (France, Germany, Italy), they are running a focused niche strategy. Despite the name, Beer is only around 35% of their offerings (as of 2021), the other 65% are mostly non-alcoholic drinks from soft drinks to water and energy drinks.