As I am making good progress, I included this time 25 stocks. The first 100 are done, another 700 or so to go 😉
Nr. 76: Uniwheels AG – ISIN DE000A13STW4
Uniwheels is a 800 mn EUR market cap car supplier. Interestingly the German company floated its shares in Poland in 2015. Their main products are aluminium rims / wheels for cars. In 2017, the founders of Uniwheels sold their majority to US based Superior. Maybe a squeeze out opportunity, but I know little on how this works in Poland. “Pass”
Nr 77: Foris AG
Health and safety warning: This is not investment advice. Please do your own research !!!!!
Following my book review of “Super Pumped” a few days ago I felt motivated (or “pumped up”) to look a little bit into Uber as a stock.
Uber is interesting in my opinion for a couple of reasons:
- They really disrupted the taxi market with their app and even managed to create a new verb “Ubering”.
- They managed to earn a dominent market share in many countries in a short time
- In the markets where they failed, they ended up with significant stakes in the leading players (Chine/Didi. Russia/Yandex, SE Asia Grab)
- The stock is extremely controversial
- the lock-up for old investors has just expired
- the stock price has been tanking for some time now
- the company is not easy to understand
Interesting view on the “streaming wars”: It is not a “winner takes it all” game (Netflix, Disney)
The finance industry is increasingly using SPVs to trade hot startups Pre-IPO (Search result)
Gread “post mortem” on Restaurant Group Plc by John Kingham
A very critical view on online advertising
AQR/Cliff Asness thinks it is time to “tilt” towards “value stocks”
November update from Stock Spin-off Investing
Norway proves that there is still a lot of oil left in the North Sea