Another 25 randomly selected German stocks including four stocks this time who made it onto my “watch” list:
501. Fair Value REIT
Fair Value is a listed REIT with 104 mn EUR market cap. The portfolio includes a >50% share of retail objects which will be extremely challenged. The stock price has dropped a little but not much. “pass”.
502. Fortec Elektronik AG
I mentioned it in the comments, that I sold my Svenska Handelsbanken a few days ago. This was not an easy decision as I still like the company due to its unique culture. However I see the following short- mid- and long term issues:
We are getting close to having covered 2/3 of the German stock universe. Among these 25 randomly selected stocks, I have identified 7 which are at least worth watching, although none with high priority.
476. E.On AG
E.on has changed a lot over the last years.I had written about the company in 2013 and luckily I never invested.
This is actually the second autobiography of a founder with the surname Schwab that I review. After tire trader Les Schwab, this book is written by the founder and name giver Charles “Chuck” Schwab who founded the financial services company with the same name.
Disclaimer: This is not investment advice. PLEASE DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH !!!
Agfa-Gevaert was on my research list for some time now. Fellow blogger Undervalued Shares than triggered my renewed interest with their post from a few days ago and one of my best “Special situations” ideas ever was a Belgian company (Sapec).
I’ll try to summarize the part of the post that deals with Agfa:
- Active Ownership, a relatively new but successful German activist fund (Stada) has build up a position (~14%] and board membership (actually the Chairman) in Agfa Gevaert, the traditional German-Belgian film / imaging company
- Despite having some interesting assets, Agfa didn’t create shareholder value over a long time
- opaque reporting and a 1 bn EUR pension liability made it unattractive to stock market investors
- In 2020, Agfa managed to sell part of its Healthcare IT segment for 975 mn EUR
- Initially, the stock went up to ~5 EUR based on the first info on the sale but hasn’t fully recovered yet