Coface SA (ISIN FR0010667147) : Ultimate death spiral or contrarian opportunity in an attractive industry ?
Coface SA is a relatively simple contrarian “mean reversion” case:
- the company at the moment has some specific issues which in my opinion can be solved
- the industry as such is attractive (within the generally problematic insurance space) with significant barriers to entry and little exposure to interest rates
- Even in a bad case, the downside at current depressed levels is small. A conservative “mean reversion case” would indicate ~75% upside without assuming any growth
- no hard “catalyst” and fundamentally it could get worse before it gets better
- For exposure management reasons, NN Group will be sold and replaced by Coface
- As always the reminder DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH. THIS IS NOT INVESTMENT ADVISE !!!!
Coface SA is a French “Trade Credit Insurance” company and one of the Big 3 players of this industry which together have 80% market share.